It’s that time of the week again, friends! As I posted a few days ago, tonight’s show is going to be jazz-heavy. All jazz, in fact. There’s some straight forward traditional stuff, some crazygonuts freestyle possibilities, some very rock influenced options, big bands, little bands, duos… and only one hour, so I’ll make due with what I’ve got and try to get all the bases covered. There’s SO MUCH great jazz out there! I’ll barely be able to skim the surface, and I know it, but man – I’m going to try. I know you’ll dig this!
1. Buddy Rich & His Big Band – Dancing Men (feat. Simon Phillips on drums)
2. Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band – High Maintenance
3. John Coltrane – Giant Steps
4. Paul Bley & Sonny Greenwich – Steeplechase
5. Trent Reschny – Alone Together
6. Stan Getz & João Gilberto – It Might As Well Be Spring (feat. Astrud Gilberto on vocals)
7. Michael Brecker Quindectet – Brexterity
8. The Bad Plus – Iron Man
9. Diana Krall – Stop This World
So much good jazz out there. I think there were about three times as many tunes on my list that didn’t get played, opposed to the few that did. Oh well. I’ll just have to do another jazz show someday, or sneak them into other upcoming shows. As usual; thanks for listening. Hope you can tune in again next week!
Check back here often for updates, as well. 😉