Well, it’s that ridiculous time of year again. The herds are shuffling through the gift-wrapped troughs at Mach speed, throwing elbows around like wrapping paper and drooling in single-file towards the registers.
Christmas just brings out the best in people, doesn’t it?
Anyway, despite my best attempts to avoid the annual winter commercial season, it finds ways to haunt me, every year. So: I’d better make the best of it.
I’ve invited a very special guest host to help me close up 2010 and I’m giving free reign to run an hour-long Christmas special. That’s right: Christmas special. All I can say is you won’t hear the traditional tunes you’re thinking of. Well, probably. Maybe. Just pour yourself some tea, put on your favourite ugly sweater, your best pair of slippers and your headphones and let us take you on a cinnamon-scented journey! 🙂
Update (please be sure to check back later for full details – this is just a quick list of what went down):
1. James Brown – I Can’t Stand It “76”
2. Kyrie From Mass For Christmas Day
3. Oratorio Society of New York – Alleluia Chorus
4. The Robert Shaw Festival Singers – Bogoroditsye Devo
5. Chinese Dance
6. Joni Mitchell – River
7. Hoja – Oh Holy Night
8. Jack Semple – Silent Night
9. Kokopelli – Christmas Angel
10. Straight No Chaser – Twelve Days of Christmas
11. Reba McEntire – The Christmas Guest
12. Bing Crosby – White Christmas
Thanks, as always for listening, and super-awesome-fantastico thanks to my special holiday guest Mandy McArthur for providing everything except James Brown tonight! It was a hoot!