Back in business, y’all.
Well, I always make sure to bring you the groove, but I’m finally going to start working on getting caught up on these monstrous playlists. Believe it or not, it actually takes a bloody long time. Anyway, thanks for your patience.
Tonight, we’ll be spending some time around the black hole of popular music. None of that mindless drivel that may have just come to your mind. More accurately, what I wish pop music sounded like. Aside from the ego-maniacal pretty boy pictured above, some of the other oddities I’ve got lined up include Björk, Charles Mingus, MSTRKRFT, Vampire Weekend and (naturally) plenty more.
Tune in tonight from 4:00 to 6:00 for a good dose of strangeness and good music to take you home.
1. Twelve Girl Band – Clocks
2. Kid Koala – Drunk Trumpet
3. Charles Mingus – It’s You Or No One
4. Herbie Hancock – Juju
5. Oliver Jones – The Very Thought Of You
6. Kaada & Patton – Les Gazons Sont Verts
7. Steve Lehman – Emphonic
8. Socalled – You Are Never Alone
9. MSTRKRFT (feat. Lil’ Mo) – It Ain’t Love
10. Karl Denson – Like Like Dope
11. John Coltrane – My Favorite Things
12. Great Uncles Of The Revolution – Stockholm
13. Prince – On The Couch
14. Vampire Weekend – Run
15. Björk – Who Is It?
16. Sarah Harmer – I Am Aglow
17. Caribbean Jazz Project – Libertad
18. Joni Mitchell – Hejira
19. Kenny Barron & Regina Carter – A Flower
20. Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band – Whodunnit?