If all the world heard music the way John Coltrane must have heard it, there would be more love than most of us will experience in our whole lives.
That’s what it’s all about here at What Planet: Love and Music. I’m not going to be all gushy on you and I won’t preach about human relationships (of any kind). I’m just going to let the music do it’s thing.
By the way, did you know it’s Clark Terry’s birthday today? ;]
Be sure to tune in from 4:00 to 6:00 tonight and check this page for a playlist, as the show progresses.
1. Chico Hamilton – Forest Flower – Sunrise / Forest Flower Sunset
2. Cactano Veloso – Dreamland
3. Caribbean Jazz Project – See You In A Minute
4. Archie Shepp – Blues For Brother George Jackson
5. Sarah Harmer – Goin’ Out
6. Kahil El’Zabar & Billy Bang – The Dream Merchant
7. Arcade Fire – Neighbourhood #4 (7 Kettles)
8. Gary Burton & Makoto Ozone – Milogna
9. Mark Davis & Lorrie Matheson – Restless
10. Herbie Hancock – The Song Goes On
11. Mark Berube And The Patriotic Few – Gone Clear
12. Jenny Scheinman – The Frog Threw His Head Back And Laughed
13. The Bad Plus – Dirty Blonde
14. Clark Terry – Straight No Chaser
15. Dave Douglas – Noise From The Deep
16. Molly Johnson – Tristes Souvenirs
17. The Cat Empire – Sunny Moon
18. Michael Brecker – Nascente
19. Oscar Peterson & Michel LeGrand – Anthem To A New Land
20. Portishead – Western Eyes