Now that’s what winter feels like!
We all know that music has the ability to heal. Don’t believe me? The next time you’re in a rotten mood, put on some Jane Monheit and tell me you don’t feel better after even just a song or two. The next time you’re feel lethargic, put on some James Brown and tell me you don’t (even secretly) feel like dancing. When you’re feeling uninspired, put on John Coltrane’s A Love Supreme and tell me you don’t feel enlightened and fulfilled.
As you go about your day, shaken by this natural reminder that it really is winter in Regina, allow your entire being to be warmed by music. Tonight, WPIT?! will be filled with many of my favourites, covering several different styles. If you’re in a position to listen to the show intently, rather than let it fill the air with background noise, be sure to really let yourself get involved in the music. If you can, just close your eyes and experience it the best you can.
I’ll be doing the same, enjoying the music from high up in the CJTR studio. Tune in from 4:00 to 6:00.
1. Beirut – My Wife, Lost In The Wild
2. The Notwist – On Planet Off
3. The Chris Tarry Group – The Coriolis Effect
4. Belle Plaine – Already Gone
5. The Deep Dark Woods – I Just Can’t Lose
6. Karl Denson – Who Are You?
7. Weather Report – The Man In The Green Shirt
8. Average White Band – Pick Up The Pieces
9. Astrud Gilberto – Manha De Carnaval
10. Jon Ballantyne – Duke’s Choice
11. Ron Blake – More Today Than Yesterday
12. Nikki Yanofsky – I Got Rhythm
13. Zachary Lucky – Midnight Kids
14. Owen Pallett – Red Sun No. 5
15. Radiohead – The National Anthem
16. The Weeknd – D.D.
17. Michael Brecker Quindectet – Scylla
18. Ry Cooder – Drive Like I’ve Never Been Hurt