Sometimes stress gets the better of you. It’s a weird thing, but sometimes we all feel like we just can’t help but worry about something. When you look at the root of every problem, there is usually no reason to get worked up.
Think of it this way:
– There is something causing me stress.
– I can do something about it. / I can’t do anything about it.
– There is no reason to worry.
This is not to be confused with substitution. We all ought to know that giving up and having another drink isn’t helpful. If something is out of your control, it doesn’t mean defeat, self-loathing, etc. It means all you can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
On the other hand, that doesn’t make it wrong to have a drink, but I’m not going to lecture you on limits.
The bottom line is: we need to realize that stress is okay. Acknowledge it. Even thank it, since it serves as a type of warning to your system that you are reaching a limit. Without that warning, things could get a lot worse. Once you’ve thanked your warning system, move on. There is no need to make things worse by realizing you’re stressed out only to be more stressed out about being stressed out.
Sit back. Relax. If you can do something about it, calmly get to work knowing that you are in control. If you can’t do anything about it, sit back. Relax.
Personally, I prescribe music for whatever ails you. The right music will help you work when you need to work. It will also help you calm down when you need that.
Hopefully your week is going well already and music will only make it better. But if your week isn’t going as smoothly as you would like, make sure you have the right music in your life to make things better. Not only feel better (although it is that, too), but make better.
Tune in from 4:00 to 6:00 and relax. :-]
1. bibio – Fire Ant
2. MSTRKRFT feat. John Legend – Heartbreaker
3. Prince – Musicology
4. Lyn Collins – Take Me Just As I Am
5. Dr. John – Don’t Get Around Much Anymore
6. Hey Ocean! – Alright
7. Ethnic Heritage Ensemble – So Low But Not Alone
8. The Lonesome Weekends – Dorothy
9. The Deep Dark Woods – The Banks Of The Leopold Canal
10. Jane Monheit – More Than You Know
11. Stan Getz – Once Upon A Time
12. Great Uncles Of The Revolution – Stockholm
13. Metric – Calculation Theme
14. Imogen Heap – Little Bird
15. Feist – Secret Heart
16. Oscar Peterson Trio + One (with Clark Terry) – Incoherent Blues
17. George Benson – Benson’s Rider
18. Nina Simone – Black Is The Color Of My True Love’s Hair (Jaffa Remix)
19. Tipsy – Sweet Cinnamon Punch
20. Radiohead – Idioteque
21. Otis Redding – I’ve Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now)