Picture yourself on a boat in a river.
No, wait; In a canoe on a lake. Yeah. The Saskatchewan lakewater is calm – so calm you might as well be drifting on air. Your faithful old dog sleeps at the bow while you stretch out at the stern. If only it weren’t for these damned mosquitoes! Aside from the odd buzz around the ears, you’re sure you’ve never felt closer to being at one with everything.
With your eyes closed, you can hear what might be a deer or beaver in the nearby brush. Your dog’s ears perk up a little then flop back down without your notice. Somewhere in the back of your mind you know there’s work to be done, but that’s elsewhere and otherwhen. Here and now, none of it matters.
As the watercraft moves slowly around in a circle with its middle as the axis, you hear music. There isn’t a man-made building for miles in any direction on the nearby land, but you don’t wonder where the music is coming from. You don’t question or reason it. You just know that it is and after a while, you even sing along, through the brim of your hat that has been pulled down over your face, as though you know every note.
Tune in from 4:00 to 6:00 PM and take it easy tonight.
1. Morcheeba – Moog Island
2. Brandy – Movin’ On
3. Molly Johnson – Northern Star
4. Seatbelts – Autumn In Ganymede
5. Spyro Gyra – The Crossing
6. No Name Jazz Sextet – Blakey’s Memory
7. Lalo Schifrin – Tokyo Blues
8. David Braid Sextet – The Music Room
What I Got:
9. Krazy Baldhead – Revolution (Para One Remix)
10. Dave Douglas – Famous Players
11. Bobby Broom – A Pec A Sec
12. John Ballantyne & Paul Bley – Zacotic
13. Feist – L’amour ne dure pas toujours
14. Diana Krall – Peel Me A Grape
15. Michael Brecker feat. James Taylor – Don’t Let Me Be Lonely Tonight
16. Joni Mitchell – Slouching Towards Bethlehem
17. Joshua Redman Elastic Band – Double Jeopardy