I’m kind of on a independent weirdo / classic jazz kick these days. If it’s not essential jazz recordings like Miles Davis’ “Kind of Blue” or Charles Mingus’ “Mingus Ah Um”, it’s bluegrass covers of Radiohead, folk renditions of Weezer or new experimental electronic pop.
Same old, right?
Well, the big orange bag is about as full as it can handle with just such things and a few others. Not to be too intentionally vague, but that’s all I’m telling you for now.
Tune in from 4:00 to 6:00 for some possibly odd, likely jazzy, maybe folky, somewhat electronicky goodness.
Also, I may just play a Hank Williams cover. Undecided on that one though. We’ll see.
You wanna be:
1. Miles Davis – Dear Old Stockholm
2. Thelonious Monk – Easy Street
3. Diana Krall – The Girl In The Other Room
4. Tom Waits – I Never Talk To Strangers
5. Count Basie – Trey Of Hearts
6. Duke Ellington – Perdido
7. The Sojourners – Death Don’t Have No Mercy
8. Tracy Chapman – Open Arms
High for this:
9. Christine Leakey – Lovely
10. The Lazy MKs – Girl With The Golden Heart
11. Basia Bulat – I Was A Daughter
12. Owen Pallett – Red Sun No. 5
13. Bibio – Haikuesque (When She Laughs)
14. Sarah Slean – Sweet Ones
15. Lucinda Williams – Concrete And Barbed Wire
16. Corb Lund – Alberta Says Hello
17. Jon and Roy – Five In The Morning
18. Jane Monheit – If
19. Stevie Wonder – Masterblaster (Jammin’)
20. The Dissociatives – We’re Much Preferred Customers