Sometimes, it’s good to be weird. Personally, I think it’s just fine being what others might consider to be “weird” at all times.
They said I was crazy to get into arguments with myself in public. They thought I was “out there” when I started wearing $400 shoes to go with my typical $10 Value Village wardrobe. They said it was outrageous when I would switch from ’90s gangsta rap to romantic (classical) to hillbilly punk in a single sitting. They told me I was nuts to take public transit during rush hours dressed as a pirate.*
*All of the above is true, by the way.
Well phooey on them, I say! Phooey!
Tune in from 4:00 to 6:00 today for a bit of weirdness. It might be something like: jazz, electronic punk, choir pop, experimental folk…
1. Victor Wooten – Zenergy
2. Kaada – Care
3. Pete Samples – The Jumper Cables
4. Christine Leakey – Shine My Tarnished Sheen
5. tUnE-yArDs – Gangsta
6. The Flaming Lips – Free Radicals
There we go. Wait, go where?
7. Feist – How Come You Never Go There
8. Chilly Gonzales – Knight Moves
9. How To Dress Well – Cold Nites
10. CFCF – Exercise #5 (September)
Late at night is when they come out:
11. Glass Kites – Slowly
12. The Banjo Consorsium – Burning Feet
13. Matt Ulery – To Lose Your Mind
14. Bibio – All The Flowers
15. Efterklang – Hollow Mountain
16. ∆ (Alt-J) – Breezeblocks
17. Tiga – Beep Beep Beep
18. Silent Land Time Machine – An Own To One’s Room
19. Pat Metheny & Brad Mehldau – Unrequited
20. Alaa Wardi – Shalamonti Fel7al
21. Symphony of Science – Mister Rogers Remixed