How would you like to try something new? Well, not something that’s never been done before, but something new to you.
On the show (or often just on the blog) I’ve mentioned that music is this wonderfully powerful thing that everyone can identify but is not always just what it seems. If music is this thing that makes us feel, but we’re not quite sure which explanation as to why we feel that way is true or if any explanation is true at all.
Well, with all the ponderings of mad men/women in your head, try one of the following during the show (choose which best suits you)
1. Put on headphones, lay on the floor, smile and think about how sound can make you happy.
2. Turn your stereo way up and do something else you enjoy while listening as long as it isn’t too involved (no open-heart surgery, please).
3. Pour yourself some tea/wine/relaxing drink of choice, close your eyes and pretend you’re experiencing each artist/band playing just for you, right there in your living room or kitchen or bedroom or office space.
Let me know how you feel at the end of the show by leaving a comment on this page.
As always, tune in from 4:00 to 6:00 for some great music and hopefully a tinge of a warm, fuzzy feeling.
1. Deerhoof – Zero Seconds Pause
2. The Postal Service – Nothing Better
3. Victor Wooten – Sword And Stone
4. David Braid – Down Home
5. Feist – L’amour ne dure pas toujours
6. Matthew Perryman Jones – Sleeping With A Stranger
7. Andy Shauf – Open
8. Eden Rohatensky – Should’ve Known
9. CoMa – Sun Glitters (Alone ft. Sleep Party People) (CoMa Remix)
10. Korallreven – Loved-Up (LOL Boys Remix)
11. Nina Simone – Sinnerman (Felix da Housecat’s Heavenly House Mix)
12. Tiga – What You Need
13. The Faint – Southern Belles In London Sing
14. Champion – Tawoumga
15. Buck 65 – Craftsmanship
16. RJD2 – Work It Out
17. Kurt Elling – Minuano
18. Brandi Disterheft – Blues For Nelson Mandela
19. Keb’ Mo’ – Everything I Need
20. Soulive – Liquid