Yay! It’s Juno time!
I love the enthusiasm I’ve been noticing from people in Regina leading up to and including this week. A lot of people have been pretty pumped about the whole Juno thing – even if they don’t generally follow what’s going on in the music world in Regina. To me, this is very cool. Not only are there more performances than usual, but people’s mood is generally more positive towards the scene.
And I’m not talking about the Beebers and Bubbles. Great artists who have been around for a few years or quite a few years are playing in various venues around town. It’s cool stuff!
All that said, today’s show will not be about the Junos. There will be a couple of appropriate nods played throughout the show, but I think the best way to experience the Junos this week and weekend is to get out there and do it!
From 4:00 to 6:00 PM today, be sure to tune in for a nice mix of music you are certain not to hear elsewhere in Regina – and yes, even some Juno-related music.
1. Oliver Jones – Simple Blues
2. The Claudia Quintet – Boy With A Bag And His Guardian Elephant
3. Professor Longhair – Tipitina
4. The Chris Tarry Group – Wind-Up Bird
5. Caribbean Jazz Project –
6. Ed Palermo Big Band – Dwarf Nebula Processional March And Dwarf Nebula
7. Sarah Slean – Eliot
8. Amelia Curran – Ah, Me
9. Pink Martini – Cante e Dance
10. Prince – Life ‘O’ The Party
11. James Brown feat. Lyn Collins – Mama Feelgood
12. Seal – A Change Is Gonna Come
13. Raphael Saadiq – Oh Girl
14. Zachary Lucky – Our New Home
15. Andy Shauf – Swimming In A Cage
16. Ray Lamontagne – Till The Sun Turns Black
17. Joni Mitchell – Blue
18. Tom Waits – Starving In The Belly Of A Whale
19. Kaada – That’s Life O-Oh
20. The Cat Empire – Two Shoes
21. Snowblink – Rut & Nuzzle