Another year, another Regina Community Radio Garage Sale passed.
Packed like sardines, or, more apt in this case, cattle, in the foyer of the grand GMC building to escape the increasing rain, 10, then 20, then 30 people waited eagerly for the signal that the sale would be open. With no room left in the tiny entrance, the line began to form outside. At 9:00 AM, we were waved in and an onslaught of humans dashed to their favourite genres – most to the somewhat intimidating rock/pop section, many to the folk room, a few to the classical aisle, and I in a handful of others to the jazz area.
After 30 or 40 minutes of chaos, we decided to call it a success and left to count and compare our treasures.
Today on What Planet Is This?!, tune in for a special post-Community Radio Garage Sale show. From 4:00 to 6:00 PM, I’ll be showing off some of the great finds that have come to be in my collection.
1. Soulive – Kalen
2. The Lost Fingers – Straight Up
3. Jamiroquai – Drifting Along
4. Karan Casey – The Labouring Man’s Daughter (Bill Laswell Remix)
5. Lemon Jelly – Stay With You
6. Sarah Slean – Get Home
7. Sarah Harmer – Pendulums
8. Béla Fleck And The Flecktones – Scratch & Sniff
9. The High Strung Trio feat. Dutch Robinson – Sing Out For Joy
10. Keb’ Mo’ – Henry
11. Dave Young Trio – Sweet And Lovely
12. The Dave Brubeck Quartet – The Crossing
13. Oliver Jones – Remembering Chris
14. Art Ensemble Of Chicago – Thème De Yoyo
15. Courtney Pine – Brotherman
16. No Name Jazz Sextet – Blakey’s Memory
17. Download – Seeeping Solus